6.16.2009

A New Era

This is the first post from a phone I've ever written, and that sure is amazing if you think about it. Of course, the fact that I think it's amazing rather than normal tells you what a dinosaur I really am. Pretty soon my phone will intubate my patients and place central lines while it brews my coffee. Perhaps now I will actually be able to post again, busy as we are on truma. Sorry to all for the layoff.

We sent a lady wothy of buckeye surgeon, another blogger on the sidebar, to the OR today for a small bowel obstruction, and now I get what the surgical emegency is all about. Her belly was like a drum. Fourteen prior surgeries. Tiny little lady with a buddha belly, criss-crossed with scars that she clutched with both hands, fluid pouring out of her NG tube. She would surely be vomiting up a storm without it. I guess those surgeon-type people do some good after all.

No comments: